Department: Pharmacy Business Unit: Operations Reports to: Pharmacy Manager/Senior Pharmacist Line Management Responsibility: No
Accountability Level: 4 Location: Swadlincote
To contribute to the growth and success of the Company by applying professional expertise to support the supply of medication in a safe, effective, and efficient manner and in accordance with prevailing regulations and Standard Operating Procedures. Support the Pharmacy Manager, Operations Manager and Senior Pharmacist/Superintendent Pharmacist in the provision of these services.
- To undertake the role of the Responsible Pharmacist as required ensuring correct records are maintained
- To follow and promote relevant SOPs and Company policy and procedure
- To carry out clinical screening of prescriptions ensuring appropriateness for the patient
- To provide counselling and advice to patients by telephone, email or in person as required
- To record interventions made on the electronic patient record as required by the relevant Standard Operating Procedures
- To understand pharmacovigilance regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To undertake final accuracy checking efficiently and accurately when required to do
- To ensure that the HealthNet Homecare pharmacy operation meets all regulatory, contractual, agreed procedural and external service
- To provide professional supervision of the pharmacy
- To provide advice and guidance to pharmacy colleagues to ensure skills and experience are shared and used to the benefit of the pharmacy and individuals
- Undertake pharmacy audits as required
- Support the Pharmacy Superintendent and Pharmacy Operations Manager in the development and improvement of Standard Operating Procedures and all other aspects of HealthNet’s Pharmacy Homecare Service.
- To proactively build and maintain effective working relationships with referring centre prescribers, pharmacists, and nurses, taking professional responsibility for the development and enhancement of services provided.
- To provide professional support and advice about medicines to HealthNet’s nursing
- To carry out any reasonable request given by appropriate