Head of Site Operations
Department: Operations Business Unit: Operations Reports to: Chief Operating Officer Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Accountability Level: 2 Location: South Swadlincote/Featherstone
To contribute to the growth and success of the Company through building and leading a operational site, being accountable for ensuring key KPI’s/quality parameters are executed and completed in a timely manner along with participation in both the hiring and performance management processes. To manage and maintain site operations, bringing significant business improvements, alongside training and development needs. Tasks change frequently to satisfy ever-changing demands, requiring a demonstration of significant versatility and a flair for adaptability. In addition to this, a positive response to pressure is essential in a fast-paced, dynamic and varied working environment.
The following job profile aims to guide the Site Operations Manager towards the desired success level. It is measurable and achievable and can be a valuable tool to assess the individual’s performance. It highlights the roles and responsibilities of the Site Operations Manager with focus on key performance indicators and the performance level that is expected of the post-holder.
- Manage and lead the operational site to achieve and maintain agreed service level targets by ensuring adequate numbers of trained and qualified staff are available.
- Lead, motivate and coach all members of the team to ensure maximum performance.
- Have oversight of the recruitment of colleagues according to agreed standards to ensure that staffing levels and care quality remain at a high level.
- Identify and lead projects to improve operational quality, safety, and efficiency in conjunction with Continuous Improvement function.
- Take responsibility for site maintenance to ensure that the site is well always maintained and safe for colleagues and visitors.
- Provide the necessary training and motivation to develop a team capable of delivering exceptional service.
- Provide regular evaluation and feedback on performances and dealing with underperformance through the application of Performance Management processes, ensuring optimal service level is achieved.
- Conduct and follow-up quarterly appraisals to ensure that key development plans put in place to benefit both the business and the individual are fit for purpose.
- Carry out Training needs analysis, identifying colleagues for further development as part of the succession planning process.
- Assist the Site Operations Manager in support of daily workload, as required. Ensure the team workload is equally distributed and managed. Re-prioritise workload as required to achieve the Department/ Team service levels.
- Support the Commercial Team in the maintenance of customer relationships, including review meetings and complaint managements / resolution.
- Responsibility for the standards of training, compliance with training requirements and the maintenance of training records for all Operational Site colleagues.
- Ensure the site is ‘audit ready’ at all times.
- The setting of, and compliance with KPI targets set for the Operational Site.
- Plan allocation of breaks, holidays, and training of the team within the set parameters to ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained to handle the team workload.
- Carry out Return to work interviews, Disciplinary Investigations and Carry out Disciplinary actions up to and including Written Warning.
- Adhere to all HR policies and procedures and all current security procedures to ensure the safekeeping of all company and customer property and all statutory and company regulations.
- Provide support for investigating and responding to complaints regarding the Operational Site.
- Liaise with internal functions regarding issues relating to Site Operations.
- Capture, record and resolve all Customer Complaints relating to all elements of the business in a professional manner.
- Produce, and analyse reports and data to ensure that the Management team receives all required information for further analysis and future development.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes within the team.
- Input in cross functional projects to deliver future improvements to HealthNet’s Service offering.
- Manage the Logistics and / or Purchasing function.
- Key holder responsible for opening/closing of site